The perfect cutting board for your knife
This cutting board is made of American maple wood (Hard Maple wood). This type of wood has the perfect hardness for making great cuts without blunting your knife.
- Ideal hardness for nice cutting.
- More hygienic than plastic.
- Wood fibres recover, keeping the board beautiful.
- Both sides are suitable for cutting up.
- One side is fitted with a trench for collecting juices.
- Fitted with recessed handles.
- If used properly, it will last a lifetime.
- The cutting board is not dishwasher safe.
- Wood works so it can warp, shrink and expand.
Our wooden cutting board is more hygienic than a plastic cutting board
This is because bacteria in the wood are killed by the natural tannin contained in the wood. And this kind of Maple wood contains extremely high amounts of this bactericidal substance.
The cutting board has been oiled in with our Tung oil which fills all the pores of the wood. This prevents bacteria, dirt and moisture from penetrating the wood. This makes the cutting board optimally protected and water-resistant.
One side for dry ingredients and one side for wet ingredients
One side of the cutting board has a channel with reservoir, for catching meat, fish and vegetable juices. The other side is smooth, for cutting drier ingredients. The sides of this cutting board have milled handles.
The cutting board with self-healing ability
We made this board by gluing pieces of wood together, giving it self-healing ability and making scratches on your board almost non-existent. The Wood Works cutting board is extremely strong, so with proper use it will last a lifetime.
The wood works a little, so it may expand and shrink a little and warp a little. But put it the other way round and it will be straight again the next day!
In this Wood Works series, we have 3 cutting boards: